Midori Spring Matcha Almond Flour Cookies
(Gluten Free, mostly Organic)
Simple, quick, tasty cookie recipe. Don't need a mixer, can use a flat spatula, or large flat spoon to mix.
Servings: 12-14 cookies
Bake time: 9-12 minutes
- 2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of organic butter (at room temperature or melted)
- 3 tablespoons of organic vanilla extract
- 1 large free range egg
- 1 tablespoon of organic cacao nibs
- 1/2 tablespoon of Midori Spring organic matcha (can use Eco Class or Emerald Class) if you want a stronger matcha flavour, add 1 tablespoon.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a large mixing bowl and combine the cane sugar, baking soda, sea salt, and butter, and mix well.
- Mix in the vanilla extract, egg, almond flour.
- Add the matcha by using a sifter, mix.
- Add the cacao nibs, mix. The texture should be doughy now.
- Scoop the dough one level at a time onto the baking sheet, a tablespoon cookie scoop works too.
- Gently flatten the dough, not too thick.
- Bake the cookies for about 9 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Then carefully place cookies on a rack to cool completely.