Featured Recipe by Stefanie of Green Sage Blog
Photo by Stefanie of Green Sage Blog
We absolutely love this recipe by Stefanie. It's full of protein and vitamins.
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in ¼ cup hot water to soften
- ¼ cup plain, unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract and/or a small handful of fresh peppermint leaves
- 1½ tsp. organic matcha green tea powder
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
- ¼ of a ripe avocado
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 1 packed cup of baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup crushed ice
- 1 tsp. raw cacao nibs, plus more (optional) for sprinkling on top
Remove the pits from two medjool dates and soak them in ¼ cup of hot water until they are soft enough to blend. Transfer them to your blender along with the soaking water, then add the almond milk, vanilla and peppermint extracts, fresh peppermint leaves (if using), matcha powder, hemp seeds, quarter of an avocado, chopped frozen banana, spinach leaves and crushed ice. Blend just until smooth. If the smoothie is a bit thick for your liking, slowly add a little more almond milk until it’s just right. Then add 1 tsp. of raw cacao nibs and pulse to blend them in for a few moments. Transfer your smoothie to a glass, and top with more cacao nibs if you’d like.