Featured Recipe by Esther//Mint & Oh La La
Photo by Esther//Mint & Oh La La
We absolutely love these matcha donuts by Esther. Aren't they just perfect? Thanks so much!
Ingredients & Instructions:
FOR 6-8 DONUTS (depending on the size of your pan or mold)
- 2 eggs
- 60 g brown sugar
- 125 g greek yogurt (10 % fat)
- 1,5 tsp baking powder
- 125 g spelt flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 heaped tsp matcha powder
GANACHE / TOPPINGS:
- 100 g white chocolate
- 35 g heavy cream
- 0,5 – 1 tsp matcha powder
- shredded coconut
- cocoa nips
- pomegranate seeds
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar until a bit fluffy. Add the yogurt and stir.
- Add the baking powder and flour in two portions and mix until there a no lumps left. Then mix with the lemon juice and matcha powder until you have a smooth dough.
- Fill the dough into your donut pans / molds and bake for about 20 minutes at 160 degrees. Let the pans slightly cool before you get out the donuts tolet them cool down completely on a cake rack.
- In the meantime prepare the ganache. Melt the chocolate, add the heavy cream and stir until cooporated. Add matcha to taste. If you like really like the taste of matcha and a darker green go for the whole teaspoon. Otherwise just add half of it.
- Dunk the donuts in the ganache and decorate right away with shredded coconuts, cocoa nips or pomegranate seeds.
- The ganache will not completely harden and will a bit sticky. But that is part of the whole fun eating them.
For the original blog post please see link above.