Featured Recipe by: Merle//Le Macaron Magique
Photo by: Merle//Le Macaron Magique
*See original post in link above
Ingredients & Instructions:
- 2 tsp Midori Spring organic matcha powder
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup water
- 1 egg white (size L)
- 2 tsp agar agar
- some icing sugar
- Mix matcha, 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan and boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and whisk together with the egg white in a kitchen mixer for 10 minutes until it's foamy and stiff.
- Meanwhile bring the remaining water and sugar together with the agar agar to a boil and let cook for 5 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Slowly add the hot agar agar syrup to the egg mixture and whisk for another 5 minutes.
- Fill the mixture into a piping bag prepared with a star tip and pipe kisses onto some baking paper. Decorate them with some sprinkles.
- Let sit over night and then remove the kisses from the paper very (!) carefully. Dust the bottom with icing sugar to prevent sticking.