Featured Recipe by Merle//Le Macaron Magique
Photo by Merle//Le Macaron Magique
Ingredients & Instructions:
For the tart dough you need (for 4 servings):
- 150 g flour
- 125 g cold butter
- 75 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- For the filling you need:
- 230 ml oat milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp agar agar
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 115 g sour cream
- whipped cream with ground tonka bean, almonds, sesame and edible flowers for decoration
- For the tart dough cut the butter into cubes and put it in a large bowl. Add the other ingredients and knead thoroughly until you have a smooth dough. Wrap the dough ball in wrapping film and chill it for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175*C (top-/bottom heat) and grease four tartlet pans.
- Divide the dough into four pieces and press it into the pans. Cover each of them with baking paper and put some dried beans on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove the beans and the paper and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely and remove from the pans.
- For the filling put 1/2 of the oat milk into a saucepan and add the agar agar. Bring to the boil let simmer for 2 minutes. Add matcha, maple syrup and sour cream to the remaining oat milk and whisk until weil combined and until all matcha lumps are dissolved. Add the agar agar mix to that and whisk again. Pour into the tartlets and chill for about 2 hours.
- Add nuts and sesame to the tartlets and pipe whipped cream onto them. Top with some flower petals.
*For original post, please see link above.