Featured Recipe by Food Fitness Flora
Photo by Food Fitness Flora
Food & Fitness blogger Flora is an inspiring young woman and we love her energy bites recipe!
- 200g prunes
- 300g dates
- 150g oats/oat flour
- 2 scoops protein of choice (I use hemp)
- 50g almond flour/ground almond
- + 2 tsp culinary grade matcha powder
- + 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- + 1 tbsp chopped pistachios, plus extra for covering
- Blend all the base ingredients in a food processor (don’t try to use a blender unless you want everything to be smoked!).
- Pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add the extra ingredients to the bowl and mix using a strong spoon (this is a good arm workout).
- On a chopping board, pour on the covering (e.g. pistachio/sesame seeds/desiccated coconut/cacao nibs).
- With your fingers, tear off small walnut-sized chunks of the mix and roll it in the covering to make a ball (you may find this easiest with wet hands).