Featured Recipe by Ashley//Ashley Castle Nutrition
Photo by Ashley//Ashley Castle Nutrition
One of our favourite recipes! These delicious treats are: GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, SOY-FREE, EGG-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, NUT-FREE, PALEO. Thanks Ashley!
- 1 cup shredded coconut (just coconut, no sugar added)
- 2 1/2 Tbs coconut oil, separated
- 1 Tbs raw honey
- 1 1/2 tsp organic culinary grade matcha
- 8-10 fresh organic mint leaves* (you can taste and adjust for desired minty-ness)
- optional: 1 scoop collagen peptides for added nutritional prowess
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
*optional: you could use 1-2 drops therapeutic grade peppermint oil instead, but the fresh mint is always nice!
1. In the bowl of a food processor or high-powered blender, add shredded coconut, 2 Tbs coconut oil, honey, matcha, mint leaves, and collagen if using.
2. Blend until all ingredients are well incorporated and you have a soft paste that holds together.
3. Using a small cookie scoop or just your hands, scoop approx. 1 1/2 tsp worth of mixture and form into a ball. If the mixture is too soft, refrigerate for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop.Place onto a small dish lined with parchment and freeze until solid, approx. 15 min.
4. In a small glass bowl, add your chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place in the microwave and heat in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth and melted (time will vary, but this typically takes less than 2 minutes total).
5. Remove matcha balls from the freezer and coat, dip, or drizzle with chocolate, depending on your desired amount of chocolate coverage. The easiest method for smooth coating is to toss the matcha ball around your bowl of melted chocolate with a fork, then remove and tap fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess chocolate to fall through the fork tongs. You can repeat this step if you want a thicker chocolate coating, just refrigerate in between to allow chocolate to set.
6. Return chocolate covered truffles to your parchment lined dish and refrigerate until set. Keep refrigerated until ready to enjoy! Let sit at room temp for a few minutes before serving to soften just slightly for the perfect texture.
For the original post, please click the link above.